WELCOME TO THE 2017 ANNUAL KEY AWARDS
The Key Awards recognize excellence in housing design, architecture design, interior design, community design, landscape architecture and remodeling. Other recognition is given for innovation and creativity through the Crystal Key. An award is also given for the community of the year.
IT’S EASIER THAN EVER TO ENTER USING OUR NEW AND IMPROVED ENTRY SYSTEM – ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
YOU MUST ACCESS THIS SYSTEM IN A GOOGLE CHROME / FIREFOX BROWSER
Internet Explorer will cause errors.
Register below to get started.
What do you need to complete an entry?
Download the Info-Sheet – This will help you prepare and gather your entry information prior to completing the online entry.
Review the General Information below the Registration Form on this page for Rules, Regulations and other details.
1. ALL BUILDER MEMBERS – ALL ASSOCIATE MEMBERS in good standing of the Home Builders Association of Greater Chicago, its affiliated Chapters and Councils, are eligible to enter the competition in all Divisions. Entries are not eligible for the 2017 Key Awards Competition if the entry product is substantially the same as the past winning product. Entries must be finished and accessible at time of judging.
2. Entrant must obtain permission from the private client for judges to visit the home at any time during the judging week. The judges will make an appointment and go as a team.
3. Entries in which model entries are made should reflect the square footage total as quoted to the general public. Do not include any square footage for common areas such as entrances, corridors, stairs, etc. for multi-family housing properties.
4. Entries are accepted in the following counties of Illinois: Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry and Will; and Lake County Indiana; and Kenosha, Racine and Walworth counties of Wisconsin.
5. NON MEMBERS CAN ENTER IN ALL CATEGORIES FOR THE NON-MEMBER RATE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CRYSTAL KEY AWARDS.
DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY CRITERIA
ALL photos should be emailed to email@example.com unless uploaded into the online entry form.
* No physical photos need to be submitted to the association as in the past, but all photography should be professional quality—NO cell phone photos will be accepted. AGAIN, UPLOAD ALL PHOTOS IN YOUR ONLINE ENTRY OR EMAIL TO INFO@HBAGC.COM AND INCLUDED ENTRY INFORMATION.
Award categories are:
Platinum Key – First Place Award(s)
Gold Key – Second Place Award(s)
Silver Key – Third Place Award(s)
Crystal Key – First Place Award only (may be multiple winners)
Based on the criteria, entries will receive a total point score; award placement has minimum scores. However, if a category does not draw a significant number of entries or if the quality of the entry, at the judges sole discretion, is not compatible with the criteria for that category, the entries may be returned with a full refund or upon the committee’s review may be assigned to another appropriate category. Said reassignment shall be with the entrants verbal approval. Entries not attaining the average winning score within a division may be awarded a lesser award at the discretion of the judges and Key chairmen. The committee reserves the right to divide a category upon notification of the entrants. Winning entrant firm will receive the Platinum, Gold or Silver Key Plaques. Additional Certificates can be purchased as an additional fee.
Entries submitted after the Deadline may be accepted by the Key Awards Committee but will be charged a $75 late fee (per entry). Applicants will be allowed to submit multiple entries during the registration process with a single payment. Entrants may also “update” submittal information after registration thru an email “link” sent upon completing the registration process.
If your entry is not available or incomplete you will need to enter next year, we are no longer offering a rolling entry.
|August 15, 2017||Entries, fees, and digital photography submitted|
|September 11-22, 2017||Site visitation and judging|
|November 17, 2017||Awards banquet|
|ENTRY FEES||HBAGC MEMBERS||NON-HBAGC MEMBERS|
|1 KEY ENTRY||$325||$425|
Entries pulled before judging (entrant not at fault or homeowner balks)- FULL REFUND
Entry pulled during judging because it’s not finished – NO REFUND
Entry pulled during judging because of conflict with site – 1/2 REFUND
1. The judging teams will be comprised of multiple qualified professional experts.
2. Each judging team will have a leader who will supervise the team.
3. Entries will be judged by a team assigned for that category.
4. If you enter the same model in multiple categories, be aware that you will be contacted by several team leaders.
5. All judging will be completed September 11-22, 2017. All judging will be on-site visitation.
6. Entries not ready for judging or entrants who have not submitted their entry fees will be disqualified.
7. Judges will base their evaluation on the Entry Forms information and the site visitation.
8. The Judging Committee may deem it appropriate to adjust categories/subcategories after submissions have been received and re-categorize any entry which they consider has been entered in an incorrect category. In the event that a decision is made to move your entry to a different category/subcategory, you will be notified.
9. Judges will be calling the contact person on site to set up appointments to visit the site. Homes must be available to view at the scheduled appointment time. If the home is not ready, no additional appointments will be made unless the appointment has been cancelled 48 hours in advance. All payments for entries must be paid prior to judging. Have supporting materials available on-site.
10. No cell phone photos– Online judging can occur but all photos must be professional quality.
Become a Judge
- All judging will be on site visitation.
- A judging team will be comprised of multiple qualified professional experts. Each team will have a team leader.
- Judging teams will be assigned a specific category and will judge all entries within that category. Judging will take place with all team members present.
The team will be responsible for:
1. Attending the judging orientation where judging packets will be distributed. (Date and location of orientation will be emailed to you.)
2. Arrange the time and location for their team to meet the morning of the judging, at which time, the leader will review the appropriate judging criteria for their respective category prior to site visitation.
3. Each team judge is to evaluate and score individually and then present his independent score to his team leader or enter into the online system themselves.
4. The judging will take place over a specific number of days which will be specified at the orientation. This will allow time necessary for the judges to visit each entry within a category.
5. Appointments will be set up by the team leader to view the entries within the judging period. Each entrant is to have the entry available for judging within that time frame. Entries not ready for judging during that specific time frame or entrants who have not submitted their criteria forms and entry fees will be disqualified.
If you would like to volunteer to be a judge please complete this online form.
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THE AWARDS BANQUET ON NOVEMBER 17, 2017